Today, we face a lot of uncertainty due to the COVID-19 outbreak all around the world. At Oasis India, we are doing everything we can to protect our beneficiaries and staff in our hubs.
As we grapple with this pandemic, we have come to realise that the most affected are those from low income families. As the scale of this crisis has left them in the lurch, we are responding on the ground with aids for the low income families and those working in the informal sector.
Problems that families in the communities face due to COVID-19:
- Daily wagers/ informal sector workers are without jobs and are in debts.
- Not enough supplies to sustain for a longer period
- No protective masks or hand sanitisers
- No bank accounts to access government aided entitlements
- 30—40% of slum dwellers across cities where we work do not have ration cards
- In Chittoor, 80-100 migrants are stranded in a Government relief camp
- Sustenance after the lockdown poses a threat
*Creating awareness and distribution of masks were done in the community by our staff before the Government lockdown in India.
Your financial contribution will:
- Support the families of construction workers, housemaid, and road side vendors with 3 months food rations.
- Provide hygiene kits like masks and soap.
- Provide recharge pack for mobile phones of the migrant individuals
- Provide medicine for those sick in the slum areas we work in
- Help in purchasing fabric for producing masks by our project tailoring and self-help group women.
Thank you for making a difference!
#Provide #Protect #PartnerToSaveLives #HopeOverFear