OASIS INDIA SUSTAINABLE PROJECT- COMMUNITY EMPOWERMENT THROUGH OASIS ACADEMY AND FOOTBALL FOR LIFE MAIRAPUR VILLAGE, RANI BLOCK, ASSAM – https://oasisacademyindia.in
Goal: To reduce vulnerabilities to human trafficking and social exploitation in Mairapur and surrounding 200 villages in Assam by running an academy and implementing a comprehensive and integrated community development project.
Outcome 1: Holistic development of 500 children and the village in rural Assam through mainstream education and sports in a school setup.
- Objective 1.1: Infrastructure development of the school and the residential facility to create a positive learning- teaching environment for over 500 children mainstream (school) education.
- Objective 1.2 Increased access to quality mainstream education in school for the over 500 unreached children in the community
- Objective 1.3: Improved learning outcomes among children and Reduction in dropout rate
Outcome 2: Increased resilience and sustainability in more than 80% of the targeted vulnerable communities
- Objective 2.1: Access to basic education for children in the community
- Objective 2.2: Women and men in the community are equipped with skills and knowledge that will lead to their development.
Timeline of the project:
- Pre phase- July 2022 to March 2023 ( Complete support from Oasis India)
- Running regular classes from Nursery to Class VI
- Community Survey and needs assessment
- Identification of children for the education programme
- Set up 3 to 4 After school Programme (ASP) centres in the village and run the programme effectively.
- Identify children who have dropped out of school and enrol them into school
- Prepare drop outs and younger children for mainstream education.
- Organise co-curricular and extra-curricular events for the children
- Parent teacher meetings
- Health and psychosocial care
Year 1: April 2023 to March 2024
- Running regular classes from Class Nursery to Class VIII
- Set up and run vocational training centre
- Community Organization and Mobilization for creating Change agents and Self Help groups
- Community Awareness and campaign programmes on human trafficking.
- Socio – economic Issues Sensitization programme
- Moral Issues Sensitization programme
- Govt schemes on rights and entitlement, development programme
- Community leadership development programme
- CCA & Environment sustainability programme
- Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) Programme
- Vocational skills training for women and men
- Football for Life
Year 2: April 2024 to March 2025
- Repeat year 1 activities with addition of Class IX & Class X
Year 3: April 2025 to March 2026
- Repeat year 2 activities