Hallegudahalli is located at the Mysore road which is populated with migrant families from the neighboring states and districts. We began our work there with the hopes of improving the situation of the people in the community in the areas of health and sanitation and also addressing the social issues affecting women, children and adolescents.
In this community, it was observed that there were major issues of substance abuse especially among the adolescent boys, early marriage among girls and alcoholism among men. We have programmes that empower community women with livelihood training, computer and spoken English skills for youth, holistic education for children and also conduct several community building activities.
Our programmes in HGH includes:
- Basic tailoring course
- Advanced tailoring programme
- Entrepreneurship training for women
- Employment-readiness Programme
- Job placements
- After-School Programme
- Change Agent Groups
- Self-help groups
- Anti-human trafficking programme and clubs
- Health and nutrition Awareness Sessions
- Assisting with Government schemes and benefits