A glimpse – HGH Football team’s daily routine
The football programme in Hallegudhadahalli, Bangalore, helps children use their time constructively in learning professional football and keeps them away from being idle. With the on-boarding of our new football coach, Mr. Edwin, there have been great improvements to this programme. Many HGH boys and girls are trained in volleyball, cricket, and Kabaddi but have little knowledge of football. Our coach began by teaching them the basic drills and the importance of being disciplined in following time and routine.
Here’s what everyday looks like for the boys on our football team.
– 6:30 am to 8 am Practice for children aged 14 and under (Mondays, Wednesdays,and Fridays)
– Supplementary nutrition is provided after practice.
– Life Skills sessions on teamwork, self-discipline, being healthy, following traffic rules,puberty, etc. (Tuesdays and Thursdays)
– Counselling support for individuals as per the need or parent/coach’s request.
– Regular home visits to build rapport with parents
– The teams also often go to local and big-league tournaments to observe or to be a part of them. Our under-12 football team in Bangalore played matches against professionallytrained teams—the Bangalore Arrows Football Club and Sports Village Quarters FootballClub. The boys bagged the runner-up medal in this very challenging game. All of these experiences build individuals with resilience and confidence.