Reporting to: Head of Programme & dotted line to ED
Start Date: As soon as possible
The Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning (MEAL) Officer manages information and reporting processes and products to ensure professional, high-quality communication about AIHA’s programmatic activities and results. The MEAL Officer will also play an important role in improving information management and data quality, and in strengthening knowledge sharing and learning across the organization and with the international health and development communities. The MEAL Officer will assume responsibility for full-cycle monitoring and evaluation of Oasis India’s programs, developing appropriate methodologies and tools to design evaluations.
- Develop, implement, and assess monitoring frameworks for all Oasis India projects, as well as for funding proposals
- Develop the overall framework for project M&E systems in collaboration with donor and senior project staff, including requirements, reporting, baseline, and evaluation surveys; develop and monitor project management plan to systematically document performance
- Facilitate design of “SMART” objectives, logic models, monitoring frameworks, and evaluation plans during annual work-planning process
- Ensure the alignment of M&E activities with program goals
- Contribute to the development of annual work plans to identify project targets and ensure inclusion of M&E activities
- Maintain existing indicator tracking tools; develop additional databases and tracking tools as needed to demonstrate the effectiveness of project interventions
- Ensure adherence to specific monitoring and reporting requirements for APPI & AAO -funded projects, including requirements related to Fluxx portal of APPi project and Zoho Portal etc.
- Analyze data for accuracy, flag validation or quality issues, and contribute to system fixes
- Aggregate and analyze data from across Oasis India’s information platform to contribute to management decision-making and reporting
- Ensure quality and timely submission of quarterly /Half Yearly reports (QRs/HY); manage preparation of additional reports for donors as required.
- Generate monthly indicator reports for tracking progress against key indicators as needed
- Conduct field visits for data validation and to monitor the quality and completeness of data sets; coordinate data collection at project sites to monitor program development and ensure timely compilation and reporting of data; capture and document lessons learned; and champion the scaling up best practices
- Provide technical leadership and support to project and partner staff in planning and implementing M&E systems and activities, data-based program decision-making, and results reporting; provide training as needed
- Support the development, design, and writing of proposals and concept notes for related programming information management and reporting
- Create and integrate graphics in reports and information products to help visualize data in a meaningful way
- Edit content and presentation of all reporting and deliverables before submittal to ensure superior quality and professionalism
- Coordinate responses to requests for information
- Contribute to developing and reporting of project reviews, assessments, surveys, and other analytic or evaluation processes and products
- Support recruiting, interviewing, and training new M&E staff and/or consultants
- Cultivate and strengthen relationships with local partner organization, donors, private sectors partners, and national authorities
- Other duties as assigned
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree in statistics, social work, demographics, public health, or international development preferred
- Minimum of three years of experience working in the field of monitoring and evaluation
- Proven success in designing, implementing, and operating M&E systems from project initiation to close out
- Experience in strategic planning and performance management, including indicator selection, target setting, reporting, database management, and developing M&E and performance monitoring plans
- Knowledge of the major evaluation methodologies (qualitative, quantitative, mixed method, and impact) and data collection and analysis methodologies
- Experience in planning and managing surveys, developing and refining data collection tools, and with data quality assessments and oversight
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment, set priorities, and meet deadlines
- Ability to synthesize complex information and communicate it effectively to diverse audiences; ability to design and implement efficient work flows and procedures
- Ability to manage critical relationships with diplomacy and tact and engage a wide range of stakeholders including the institutional partners, government officials, potential donors, and peer organizations
- Fluency in English; excellent written and oral communication skills, including facilitation and cross-cultural communication.
- Strong attention to detail, organizational. and time management skills
- Willingness and ability to travel independently domestically up to 20%
- Computer proficiency in Windows environment (Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint) and proficiency in online research (e.g., PubMed).
To receive consideration, all resumes must be accompanied by a cover letter that must include salary history for all jobs listed on resume and current salary requirements for the position sought.