Level : 3 (Head of unit) and a member of the National Leadership Team/NLT
Responsible for : 2 (HR Coordinator West & South)
Responsible to : Executive Director, Oasis India
Position start date : April 2019
Detailed Job Description
Reporting into the Executive Director of Oasis India of all the training and development and HR activities within the organisation is the primary motivation of the position.
The Manager-L&D is expected to create training events for all employees, from initial inductions to leadership programmes for senior executives and also for board members.
- The Manager-L&D is responsible for the creation and delivery of bespoke training programmes. Designed with leadership, management, professional and personal progression and best practice in mind, the intention is to expand on the talents and skills across all employees at all levels within Oasis India.
- Knowledge of the nature of Oasis India, its stakeholders and business strategy are all key, as these will be taken into consideration when establishing the training and performance programmes.
- The role of the Manager-L&D is to fundamentally assist in the organisation’s success, by coaching and developing its people.
- Support the ED in governance of the Oasis India society and liaising with board members for board meetings.
As the Manager-Learning & Development, your responsibilities will involve:
- Creating training programmes that are aligned with the organisation’s objectives and having a strong understanding of what these are.
- Overseeing the use of Oasis India’s Capability Framework as central to the goal setting process as well as in formal and informal staff development settings.
- Acting as the go-to within the organisation for anyone with questions or queries regarding training and development plans
- Working closely with various leaders across the organisation and having a full understanding of their units and training requirements
- Managing and acting on grievances, complaints including the ICC
- Managing recruitments, employment, salaries, staff welfare including health
- Working as liaison with the board members of Oasis India and also with Global Oasis executive.
- Embracing different styles of training techniques, including e-learning, tutorial sessions or coaching
- Having an awareness of the allocated budget and an ability to find solutions in order to implement the required training
- Building relationships with 3rd party training providers
- Managing the development of the HR team from a training perspective
- Designing staple curriculums for all employees (i.e. values)
Skills and Competencies;
- This role requires someone with good communication skills and who is keen to assist people with their learning and development.
- Experience in e-learning course design and budget management are desirable. Proven people management skills and being technically qualified (or equivalent) are essential.
The Manager-L&D will be expected to be experienced in the following:
- Management, development and talent training
- Designing and supplying a variety of training styles
- Building relationships with external suppliers
- Managing budgets
- Managing people
- PG/Master degree in relevant subject, or equivalent
- Confident in both written and spoken communication with the ability to present to large audiences
- Organisational skills
The average salary in terms of CTO (cost to the organisation) for a manager in Oasis India starts from 5,40,000 to 8,40,000 per year. Besides medical insurance, PF and Gratuity. The salary for this role can vary depending on your experience and therefore can be negotiated.