Reporting directly to the Executive Director/CEO with management relationship with Deputy Director, the Executive Assistant provides executive, administrative, and development support to the Executive Director and Committee of Management (board members), as well as the Senior Management Team (SMT) and HR. The Executive Assistant serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the Executive Director. The Executive Assistant serves as a liaison to the Committee of Management (Board) and senior management team; organizes and coordinates executive outreach and external relations efforts; and oversees special projects.
- Assists the Executive Director/CEO with daily administrative duties and completes a broad variety of administrative tasks that include managing an active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries and agendas and compiling documents for meetings.
- Communicates with the general staff on the Executive Director/CEO’s behalf and coordinates logistics with high-level meetings both internally and externally. Coordinates meetings and strategic activities with the Committee of Management (CoM), The Senior Management Team (SMT), and Oasis India affiliates. (See Management Support.)
- Communicates directly and on behalf of the Executive Director/CEO with Board members, donors, foundation staff, and others on matters related to programmatic initiatives as directed. (See Board Support.)
- Conducts research on prospective corporate and foundation donors to identify and evaluate current needs and assembles materials needed for the proposals.
- Drafts reports, letters of solicitation, proposals; prepares and coordinates oral and written communication with donors and prospects.
- Supports Executive Director/CEO in his/her external commitments related to Oasis India’s compliance, including service on external boards, committees, and other groups.
- Processes Oasis India’s memberships with other organizations.
- Administratively supports HR Department (recruiting support, documents formatting, surveys set up and other administrative tasks), drafts emails and other Oasis India correspondence as directed.
Board Support and Liaison
- Serves as the Executive Director’s administrative liaison to the Board members and manages Board activities, which include coordinating Quarterly CoM/Board meetings and dinners; special & Emergent CoM/Board Meetings, Annual General Meetings (AGM) of Oasis India, responsible for lunches/receptions/new Board member orientations; arranging hotel accommodations for out-of-town Board members; processing travel reimbursement requests; and compiling, assembling, and distributing Board meeting materials. Research potential Board members for the Nomination Committee.*
- Coordinates Executive, Finance, Governance & Nominating, and Other Committee meetings, maintains confidential files and contact information; coordinates meetings, conferences, and committees both on and off site to support the Executive Director’s agenda.
- Maintains Board portal (Directors Desk).
- Participates as an adjunct member of the SMT Meetings including assisting in scheduling, attending meetings.
- Assists in coordinating the agenda of senior management team meetings under supervision of the Deputy Director. Prepares an account of the meetings and designates and follows up on assigned action items.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Oversees the training and support of Oasis India’s Program team.
- Provide assistance as needed to front desk operations to include but is not limited to, answering phones, accepting package and other deliveries, lunchtime relief, and greeting and signing in visitors/guests.
- Position reports to the Executive Director/CEO and works directly with the Deputy Director and Committee of Management/Board.
- Works directly with the Head of Finance/Admin, DRR/ER and FR.
- Works directly with senior level staff and HR both internally and externally.
Experience & Education:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience with social sciences background and an interest in national and global issues.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- Five to ten years providing support for upper-level management in a related organization (i.e., population, social sciences, public health).
Skills & Abilities:
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, external partners, and donors.
- Previous experience working with development and fundraising programs to increase donor contributions and funding sources.
- Proficiency in Windows, including MS Word, EXCEL and PowerPoint; fund-raising data management systems knowledge helpful.
- Ability to learn new software such as Doodle polls and Director’s Desk board portal.
- Ability to conduct research and present data in a succinct and well-written manner.
- Ability to work independently and with professional discretion.
- Excellent writing, editing, grammatical, organizational, and research skills.
- Ability to work with a broad range of people including major donors, Board members, foundation staff, colleagues of the Executive Director/CEO and staff, and others.
- Knowledge of other languages and international customs is an asset; knowledge of French or Spanish is helpful.
- Excellent management, time-management, and problem-solving skills.
Working Conditions/Other Data:
- Due to the confidentiality of the work, the functions of this position should be performed in a private office location.
- Occasional travel may be involved.
- Salary and Benefits: Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. Oasis India has an excellent benefits package, including generous health, leave, and retirement programs.
Please remember to attach the resume and cover letter in the documents section. This position is in Oasis India’s Head Office, Bangalore, Karnataka.
Applications: Please apply at: https://www.oasisindia.org/
Grade: C & D
Date of start: 1st November 2022
Nature of Employment: Initial 12 months contract with possibilities of renewal
Salary: Negotiable as per Oasis India HR Policy.