- To initiate and carry out any research and responsible to conduct surveys in the community to identify needs of the community.
- Conduct community visits to understand the needs, build relationships, counsel beneficiaries and to empower the community to become self-sustainable.
- To represent Oasis to local community leaders and government departments.
- Network with other NGO’s, government officials, community leaders, partners and other stakeholders to support and build the work in the communities and also to help access resources.
- Build awareness in communities about government schemes and advocate with government bodies to ensure the implementation of the schemes.
- To create platforms for advocacy in the surrounding places in the Hub especially in relation to anti-human trafficking.
- Oversee community mobilization to foster the growth of the programme.
- Responsible to gather information on various CBO models.
- Responsible for timely documentation and reporting on community programs.
- Facilitate the formation of Community Based Organizations (CBOs) in the Hubs.
- Ensure effective documentation of case studies of students, home visits, maintenance of registers and reports.
Offer support and guidance to the volunteers towards their development.
- Coordinate events for community based organisations.
- Assist the Programme staff with the regular activities when and where needed as may be required by the Project Coordinator.
- To carry out other tasks relating to the job description as may be reasonably required by the Project Coordinator.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Graduate degree in Social work with prior experience in forming and managing CBO’s for 4-5 years.
- Should be proficient in both spoken and written English and Kannada
- Skilled in networking, communication and relationship building.
- Good organisational skills with reasonable finance and computer skills.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
- To support and contribute to the vision, mission and purpose of Oasis in India (and globally).
- Participate in the wider corporate life of Oasis India e.g. staff meetings, training events, prayer meetings.
- To work in a way that upholds and demonstrates the ethos of Oasis India.
- To be willing to serve as and when required and requested beyond the specified scope of duty.
- To take every opportunity to raise support and fund raise for Oasis India.